Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mindset of a Winning Entrepreneur

Hello World,

I hope this post finds you in uplifting spirits and the best of health. As I was sitting in my dayroom, imagining the possibilities that life has to offer, I began wondering where I gained the mindset of an entrepreneur from and it started when I was just 7 years old. I didn't know then what it all meant but I've been able to piece the puzzle together over the years. See, when I was a little girl growing up in a low-income family, I dreamed to have things my mom simply couldn't provide for me so I MADE A WAY. I learned to braid hair at just 7 years old and realized then that it was a means to an end. I would make money by braiding the kids' hair in the neighborhood.

One thing that sticks out most to me is the "yard sale bike" I had to have. I spotted a bicycle one day and wanted it so bad. I asked the owner of the bike if I could purchase it and she told me the price, $7. Well, I hadn't $7 in my pocket to purchase but kindly asked her to hold it for my return with her money.

She later asked me, where are you going to get $7 from and I simply stated, "I'm going to make it doing hair." A little over 5 hours later, I returned to purchase my bicycle and that was one of my first memories of creating my very own OPPORTUNITY.

It's never too late to dream and to take actionable steps to creating the life you desire. Entrepreneurship has always been in my blood and I'm finally in a profession where I can utilize my desire to create unprecedented success for me and my family.

I hope you join me on this journey to prosperity.

No comments:

Post a Comment